Saturday, 1 March 2014

Catch A Falling Star...


Following on from the previous post on dusting off some of my own stuff, I decided to use a digi stamp from 2009. I was sitting in the car waiting for my husband when I drew it and I kept getting some strange looks from people passing by - I think they thought I was making notes for something. This time, I set myself the challenge of using it on a scrapbook page and this photo of my gorgeous niece dating back to 2006/7 was ideal. Her expression does kinda look like she's wondering how she ended up where she is I think. I paper pieced the jeans with a piece of denim paper from Joanna Sheen's Fashion Boutique CD1 then changed the colour in CAP2. The top is paper pieced too. Apart from the digi stamp, papers for the paper piecing and stars, everything else is from the Chut je reve scrapbooking kit from Go Digital Scrapbooking. It's rare that I stick more or less to the one kit, but I've done so with this one a few times now.

I'm entering my page into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, I'm just off for a bit of shopping - but at least the sun is shining :)

10 comments:

  1. Very artistic and original. Thank you for sharing this wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday today. Blessings, Carole DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page, love how she is in the pocket, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scrapbook page Ann, really made me smile. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just how cool is this! I wanted to do something similar with song, you rocked it!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow factor love it...Beautiful creation.
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!
    aNNie {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Ann! You won our challenge at Word Art Wednesday last week. Your winning prize in three stamp sets of your choice from Daydream Designs (http://www.dianesdaydreamdesigns.com). Please contact Diane at dianenoble50ATaolCDOTcom for instructions in collecting your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to smile at this clever creation!!
    Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.
    xxxx
    Riette, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ann! I wasn't sure if you knew about the prize you had won at Word Art Wednesday, but I see that Diane left you a comment. Thanks for playing along with us, and please stop by again soon. We'd love to have you share more of your wonderful art with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann,
    I just popped over to be sure you knew your entry won. Carole

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x