Monday, 31 March 2014

CAS Art Deco


I seem to be getting more into CAS styles at the moment so when I saw the sketch at CD Sunday I couldn't resist. I love these toppers from CD3 of Joanna Sheens Fashion Boutique CD roms and they popped into my head as soon as I saw this sketch. I decided to give them an embossed frame on the backing paper which I did in Craft Artist using the new overlay technique (tutorials here and here) and placed the ribbon between the papers and the toppers, having flipped one of the toppers horizontally. Apart from the two gems holding the ribbon at each end, I decided to just add pearls as per the sketch and no more embellishments - I think less was definitely more here. The backing paper is available in the freebie pack to download from the tab above.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, I hope your's is going well.

14 comments:

  1. I love the image you have chosen and the embossing looks really good. I was wondering how you had managed that so thank you for the tutorial. Thank you for joining in at CD Sunday this week with your lovely card.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Anne. Ticks all the boxes and fabulous as well.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT Team B

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Anne. Thank you for the tut I need all the help I can get with Craft Artist. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Hope to see you again next week. Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, Ann. Absolutely classy. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful and elegant card, love the embossed frames, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you Ann, love those images. I had some mirrors with the same images on years ago, left them behind when I split up with my ex.
    Your embossing is fab and knowing how to do it is a bonus.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT Team A

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Art Deco images are perfect for this style of sketch Ann. Geat card. Thank you for joining us this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Ann, images are gorgeous in their embossed frames and always good to see how things are done ,so thanks for tut.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week
    sue-b DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. Very classic and elegant.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week for our Anything Goes challenge at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful and classy! Thanks for playing along with us at OSAAT Challenges. Have a wonderful day and good luck! Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card I too have this CD the images are just right for this challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful and elegant.Love the soft muted colours and how you've framed the images.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the simplicity of the design and such pretty images. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very clever embossing technique.

    Thanks for taking part in Natalie and Amy's challenge this month!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x