Friday, 14 March 2014

A Trip Down Memory Lane


I was having trouble trying to decide what to do for hubby's birthday card this year so decided on a bit of a 'blast from the past'. He always loved cards I made using stampscape stamps but there's only so many I can make him really and I left off them for a few years, so this year I decided to dust them off again and create this scene with it's promise of spring. Having stamped my scene out and coloured it with Derwent inktense pencils, I decided to take my finished picture into Craft Artist to create the card layout. I created the 'embossed' butterflies and text in CAP2 and the foliage comes from several kits - I decided to use foliage with the card being for a man. You can't see it very clearly in this picture but I've also used the scene as part of the backing paper for the base part of the easel card and there is a verse hidden under the upright. 
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you're getting a hint that spring might be on it's way where you are.




11 comments:

  1. Love this card Ann - what a great image for a fellah's card! The foliage 'bits' on there are just right as well - I really feel as if I want to visit that place! Great card, hope he loved it.

    Thank you so much for joining us over at the OSAAT challenge this week, lots of luck.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous easel card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge . Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining our challenge at OSAAT.
    DT Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great masculine card. I love the image and how it pops on the brown background. The foliage is a great addition too.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week. Good luck.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation, I love the colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Love to Create!
    ♥ Sandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Truly love the scenery you used for the focus point!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous scene and I love the stamps you've used. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful easel card! Love the colours and the layout. A suitable card for a man. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.
    Pia/DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love that scene :) Thanks for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ann, wow what a gorgeous card. Such a clever combination of stamping and digital crafting and the result is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x