Sunday, 2 February 2014

A Little Birdie Told Me...

I picked up a lovely kit yesterday from Studio Dawn Inskip Scrapbook Graphics called Spread a little happiness. I made it into a kit ready to use in Craft Artist and was having a look through the papers and elements to see what's in it, not intending to make anything but this card just seemed to start taking shape! I was also trying something out because our February challenge on a small forum I belong to is 3D. Digital 3D is acceptable so I wanted to see if I could make it look as though parts had been cut out and decoupaged so using cut out studio in CAP2, I cut out the just the bird's body and just the heart of the charm. I did a lot of mucking about with the shadow under the bird's body, changing size, distance, blur and colour but decided not to use the 3D tools because it changed the colour of the bird too much but used the 3D tools on the heart as well as mucking about with the shadows etc. To make it more tactile, I do intend to add these two things to the card as decoupaged items in reality, but the question is: do you think I've succeeded in what I set out to do?
I've got my niece's birthday card sorted  for next month so I'm happy - just need to get her twin brother's done now!
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you aren't suffering too much with the awful weather we've been having.

13 comments:

  1. Love your card Ann but I am so technophobic I'm not sure what you mean with your 3D stuff - please forgive me!! However I am impressed by anyone who can do magical things - so good on yer!!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at OSAAT this week, lots of luck t you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann this is just gorgeous and you have definitely succeeded in making it 3D - fab card.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ann, this is just lovely...what a wonderful 3-D card. Love the colours and that little heart charm looks great. Way to go.

    Thanks for joining us this week at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, this is gorgeous as usual!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, I'm not familiar with the software you have used in creating this beautiful card so may I tailor my few words to what I saw as I opened this card.

    My first impression was that this is a very beautiful card for a Spring birthday ....aren't we all looking forward to seeing the baby birds after winter .....and your baby bird looks full of the joys of Spring as he looks so ready to spread his wings and fly from his tree branch. I thought that the heart charm was such a beautiful and appropriate addition to a birthday card created with love for a loved Zoe on her special day. But here's where my confusion sets in ......is the heart a real charm or digital ....my eyes are telling me it is, your words seem to be telling me that it's digital. Indeed, I find it hard to believe that the bird is not decoupage.

    Ann, in answer to your question, I believe my answer is a resounding "Yes" but I'm much more sure when I say that Zoe will love receiving this very special birthday card and I cannot wait to see what you create for her twin brother.

    Thank you for sharing this lovely card in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Crafting Musketeers 'butterflies' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Wow, can't believe it's digital, what a great job. Drop shadows aren't so easy, esepcially if you have a bunch; I think you did a great job. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww...Ann, this is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking part in the challenge over on Crafting Muskateers blog with your lovely take on the challenge.
    Jackie (CMDT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann, Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet! I would say you have definitely succeeded in creating a gorgeous 3-D image! Awesome design

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely scene! Thanks for joining the One Stitch At A Time challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful happy looking card.
    Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time. Good luck.
    DT Nataliya

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x