Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Beauty of Autumn


At first, I couldn't get this card to come together and then all of a sudden it 'clicked' thank goodness! The squirrel is one of my own digis that I painted in ArtRage then used in Craft Artist Professional 2 (CAP2). The orange backing paper is also one of my own and everything else came from a variety of different kits. I'm especially pleased with the fancy edges of the orange bp so I'll tell you how I did those. I had already given the paper a chalk edge (found under styles then paper edges) before  I decided to use one of the border punches that came as part of the recent 'patch' for CAP2 and decided to see what would happen if I used it on the paper I'd given the edge to instead of a new piece and the result is what you see. I changed the colour of the edge from white to a dark brown because it went with the card design better, but the picture below shows it in white so you can see it more easily.


I'm quite pleased with this bit of experimentation because it's quite a good way of giving some definition to the punched design without having to add another layer. 

I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today.



14 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous card,fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Ann, your image is fab and I love all the Autumn colours.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card full of wonderful, warm autumn tones and so lovely to see your little squirrel again Ann.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is absolutely gorgeous!
    Beautiful colours and that image is so cute!
    Thank you for joining us at Sketch 'N Stash- challenge.
    Hugs Merkku

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Red Squirrels and always think it so sad that they have become so rare in the UK these days so I've had a lot of pleasure in seeing your beautiful Autumnal card Ann. The lacy edges that you have so generously shared your 'experimental' technique for, have added such a delicately beautiful element to this gorgeous card. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, love the colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.

    Marja
    Simply Create Too DT
    http://tahrojakuviopaperilla.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Ann, gorgeous autumnal colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love the papers and that squirrel is gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck. HUgs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. love you card and the image s fab, Thank you for joining ua at OSAAT & good luck Pam DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, love the rich colors. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors are just beautiful on your card. I like how you designed your paper and painted your squirrel. Great card for the Fall Season. Your little squirrel reminds me of the one that lived in a pine tree next to our house when we lived in Colorado. Thank you for sharing and joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so lovely & elegant! Perfect for this time of year! I love your paper and the little squirrel! I would love the squirrel more if my 108 pound dog hadn't woken me up the other morning insisting that I let him out of the house so he could chase one (he never catches them) ugh!

    Thank you so much for playing along with the Stitchy Bear Angels this week!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT - One Stitch AT A Time
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
    http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, gorgeous card. Love how you've made the image and papers yourself. You're so talented! Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Best, CG
    PS: I noticed the other day that someone has taken over your old challenge blog...I don't know if you can close it down completely, but I wanted you to know. http://craftyannschallengeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, such a beautiful image and I love the colours.
    Thank you for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x