Friday, 5 July 2013

Coming Back To Earth!


This is the last page for our Gran Canaria album in as much as it will occupy the slot for the end of the story. I still have the opening page to do and then it will be finished - unless I can't resist adding some more page protectors at a later date of course! Lol! We had the most amazing time, but sadly it had to end sometime. I used two new kits I got this week for this page - Bounty of Blue from Pam Lefors and Remember this night by Template Dreams. Even though these kits are by two very different designers they work together so beautifully that you could be forgiven for thinking they had got together to create them. I also used a template from Template Dreams. The glass effect behind the photo and embossed panel were created in Craft Artist 2. I really enjoyed working with these kits.

Challenges:

  • Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - Use your favourite colour. (I have to confess that my favourite colour tends to be 'of the moment' in as much as it is often affected by my mood. Making this scrapbook has been bringing back all sorts of memories - the holiday was 8 years ago - very vividly, and I can remember that coming back wasn't easy for a number of personal reasons and we were trying to hang onto the feeling of serenity that the holiday gave us. I think that's the reason I went for these calming blues to scrap the page.)
  • Lady Anne's Challenges - Monochrome
  • Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
  • TTCRD - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. This is just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge this week. I enjoy having you play along with us and hope to see you again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have had a WONDERFUL three weeks away. This page is really gorgeous. Your two kits did work in harmony with a little help from you.
    The BLESSING of the Lord be upon you,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout, perfect for our Lady Annes challenge this month, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout. Thank you for joining us on our Monochrome challenge at Lady Anne's Hugs Tania xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout!!! I love the shades of blue with a touch of gold. So elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week Blessings!

    Gemiel
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x