Tuesday, 2 July 2013

By Day and Night...






 I have another two pages for the album of our first Gran Canarian holiday to share today. The album is almost finished now and I can't wait to show it to hubby. I've shown him the first few pages I did but he hasn't seen the rest and I'm hoping it will be like looking through a book for him. I've taken quite a leap from my comfort zone here and I loved it once I got my 'foothold' on what I wanted to do. Where it's so different from what I'd normally do is the colours - I wouldn't normally put this combo together but it's the challenge this week at Digitally Sweet so I decided to go for it and I must say, that I do really like how it turned out. Instead of making two matching pages I decided to make two complimentary ones instead and the bottom photo shows how it will look in the album. I used the same colours, just changing which ones were dominant and more or less the same embellishments with a few variations. Maspalomas is stunning by day and night and well worth a visit if you get the chance. I used papers and elements from a lot of different kits and I'm afraid I can't remember them all (it was that kind of session!) but if there's anything you want me to identify for you, just ask in the comments and I'll do my best :) I also did a little recolouring in Craft Artist.

Challenges:

Thank you for dropping by and I hope you get some crafty time today.



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts, so bright and summery. Thanks for joining us at Digi Sketch Challenges, Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! It fits the challenge perfectly!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages Ann - and I love the colour combos on the two pages. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, thank you for sharing with us at Digi Sketch.

    kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again - STUNNING! I love this and love how you showcased both day and night! Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pretty summery colours of these pages - the turquoise and coral is a great combination. :)

    Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes challenge at OSAAT this week and good luck!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning scrapbook page! Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you've given us a panoramic view on your first layout. The colours feel so 'summer holiday' to me too. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is really sensational. The color palette is fantastic and I love the way you have made complimentary pages. The embellishments are beautiful too - so bright and vivid! So happy to have you joining in the fun with us this month at Our Creative Corner for our Memories challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful layouts - perfect summery colours, and I love the contrasting pages. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x