Monday, 13 May 2013

On The Wings Of Love


This is a very 'busy' page for me so takes me out of my comfort zone somewhat. I've really enjoyed creating it though, it just kind of evolved so I just went with the flow to see where it took me. The original inspiration for the page came from the shadow boxes with the different sized compartments favoured by Tim Holtz and a few other designers. I like the idea of something similar for a scrapbook page so I set about creating one then built the page around it. I've used items from several kits but the bulk of things come from Butterfly Garden by Daisy Trail. I've used photos of my Mother at 3 different stages in her life; when she was a child, as a Mother and as a Grandmother. As one was sepia, one was black & white and 1 was colour, I decided to make them all sepia in Craft Artist.
I think I've enjoyed this little foray outside my comfort zone but will probably scuttle back into it when I make the next page, lol!

Challenges:



9 comments:

  1. It might have been out of your comfort zone Ann but you did a BEAUTIFUL job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘April Showers Bring May Flowers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING! This is so beautiful, IT'S IN MY COMFORT ZONE, love it! Thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab layout
    thanks for playing with us at BTC&G
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea with all the pictures of your Mother. Great page and thanks for playing at Digitally Sweet this week.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout!! For being out of your "Comfort Zone" you did an awesome job!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
    Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
    DT member Love to Create Challenge
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Ann this looks so pretty and I like the idea of having pics of your mum at different stages in her life. What a fab way of laying out your page and such a lovely project for being out of your comfort zone.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous page and your attention to details are great!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is gorgeous. I love how you have different stages and I love your quotes. So true and we should remember those!! Good luck with our prize draw this week and thank you so much for joining us at Digitally Sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x