Saturday, 16 March 2013

Digital Art Journal??


This is something I would not have thought of doing digitally but as I was browsing the one buck Wednesday sale at Jessica Sprague, I came across some art journalling digi kits so I treated myself to one and I have to say that it has fired my creativity off in a whole new direction! I can see me creating some papers and elements of my own for this purpose. We can be just as creative digitally as we can with paper, inks and paints. Although I've used a kit to create these two pages, I've used some techniques too including paper piecing her clothes and to me, this is what art journalling is all about anyway - experimenting and trying out different ideas. I thought it would be fun to do the whole thing digitally, including the book itself but have the pages saved to print off and add to a real book at some point. The book was a freebie from our Craft Artist~Creative CAPpers  facebook group and I created a cover to add to it. I did the various techniques in Craft Artist 2 but I can see me having great fun using ArtRage for future pages too. Oh dear, I do hope I don't have a new addiction coming on Lol!

I'm entering my journal pages into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, I'm trying to get stuff done before the final day of the 6 nations starts :-)


10 comments:

  1. wow Ann, how beautiful! I'd never have guessed you'd done it all digitally - sooooo clever! I love it.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ann, this is awesome! So very creative; I'm going to have to try this, also! Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and creative.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great journal pages. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, colorful and lovely. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge!
    Kaia, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab! Thank you for joining us at Divas this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project!
    Thanks for playing with the Divas this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's all digital? How cool is that! You're right, it's amazing what we can do!! Thank you so much for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art journal is so pretty!

    Thank you for participating in the Craft Us Crazy ABAC Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x